Sunday, April 26, 2009

Mother Nature needs to take a parenting class


Yesterday morning I was sitting on our front steps reading a book and enjoying the day. Then out of the corner of my eye, I saw a small baby robin hopping around my feet. It was just a fledgling that had apparently fallen from it's nest. I realized the mother robin was chirping loudly and flying nervously from tree to tree. I felt her pain. There's been many a time that my child was in a situation where I couldn't help him as I would have wanted. A quick check of the internet and I realized there was nothing that I could do to help the baby robin and his very upset momma, other than chase away the neighbor's cat several times. It finally hit me that Mother Nature could use a parenting lesson. It seems so cruel to me that a baby and mother could be separated and it's all part of Nature's plan. I guess she takes a "hands off" approach to parenting and lots of tough love lessons. I prefer to take my child breakfast in bed and give him back rubs at bedtime to relieve the day's stress. Hopefully Father Time will agree to watch the kids so Mother Nature can sign up for a class at her local Y.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated...except really mean ones. Those you can keep to your self.